Unlike most of our competitors’ products, the Parkerfarm weighbridge load cells are designed and built in-house to exacting standards.
Their fully-weld sealed construction – to IP69K – provides unrivalled environmental protection, whilst their design ensures optimum load introduction even under the harshest of operating conditions. The load cells have optional rodent proof cables and built-in lightning protection.
The CPD digital version offers significant advantages during weighbridge installation and calibration.
The analogue CPR and digital CPD models have an unrivalled track record for reliability and performance. Both are based on the same mechanical envelope and key design features set these load cells apart from competitive units.
The CPR and CPD can be used to replace out-dated WeighBar beam cells fitted to Avery Bridgemont weighbridges using patent pending technology. Contact us for more information.
Their engineers have not just focussed on the design of the load cells themselves, but also on the functionality of the mounting assembly. Key features are:
- The central column has a dedicated shape that incorporates top and bottom spherical surfaces
- Proprietary heat treatment provides a robust yet highly repeatable central column
- The design incorporates eight strain gauges, strategically placed to provide optimum performance even under adverse loading conditions
- A compact special seal is incorporated in the bottom assembly to prevent dust/debris/water causing problems. This removes the need for more onerous covers, which can do more harm than good
- The inside of the load cell is protected from the environment via a fully weld sealed two part stainless steel outer housing. The bottom section is noticeably thicker than the top in order to provide mechanical protection to the load cell
- A glass to metal seal ensures IP69K sealing for the cable entry. The digital CPD has an external plug/socket to allow the cable to be removed. Braided rodent proof cable is available.
IP69K is the ultimate sealing standard for load cells, demonstrating that they can withstand high-pressure steam cleaning in line with the stringent test specification outlined in the German DIN 40 050-9 standard. This standard extends the IEC 60529 sealing system (IP rating) and was initially developed for road vehicles, especially those that need regular intensive cleaning such as dump trucks, cement mixers and road sweepers.
The IP 69K test specification specifies a spray nozzle that is fed with 80°C water at a pressure of 80–100 bar with a flow rate of 14–16 L/min. The nozzle is held 10–15 cm from the tested device at angles of 0°, 30°, 60° and 90° for 30 seconds each, whilst the specimen is slowly rotated at 5 rpm.
For further information about our load cells please download the load cell white paper.